Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Tuesday 9th July 2019 –Broome


This morning the batteries were starting to get flat, so I started up the generator to charge them back up.  Lucky, I noticed as the freezer and fridge had stopped working when the solar regulator shut down on low voltage to protect the batteries.


The 500 watts of solar panels I have is more than enough if we are static and in full sun, but as the boat moves and the panels get shaded, our main bank will slowly get depleted and occasionally will require recharging with either the generator or the engines.


I fixed the faulty switch on the shower pump today, programmed some new favourite pages on my saloon instruments and did a few other small jobs. I brought quite a few books with me to read, but so far, I have not had any free time to read as there is always something that needs attention, or passage planning, writing my blog or checking the weather etc.




I spent the afternoon catching up on my blog and at 16:00 I gave Don a call in Mandurah on the radio and he was so strong it was like talking on the telephone.


Track Sirocco’s progress


No comments:

Post a Comment