Saturday, July 13, 2019

Saturday 13th July 2019 –Broome


We got up early as there was an urgency to get ready and get going. After breakfast I dropped Putu off at the beach with all our washing and rubbish. She was picked up by Dewa and taken back into town and Dewa gave her his car for the day.

She was going to the laundromat, but Dewa’s family offered to do it at his place for us. This guy and his family have done so much for us during our stay in Broome and I can’t thank them enough.

While the washing was getting done, Putu went shopping and then drove back out to Gantheaume Point to drop off the shopping to me and to pick up a couple of petrol jerry cans and more rubbish.

She filled the jerry cans and then went back to have lunch with Dewa at his shop and buy takeaway dinner.

Later Putu caught up with our good friend Andrew who took her back to Gantheaume Point in the late afternoon where I picked her up with all our washing and fuel.


I never get sick of watching these sea legs in action

Back on the boat, I made water filling both tanks to the brim, charged up both batteries then did an oil change on the generator.

There were no boats answering on the five o’clock Kimberly Cruisers net and my mate Don was busy, but I had a nice long chat to P29LL in Port Moresby in PNG.

When Putu got back to the boat we made a short visit to see Dave and Fonny on MV Fonster, then back on Sirocco we quickly put the dingy up on the davits and prepared to sail early morning.

Track Sirocco’s progress


No comments:

Post a Comment