Thursday, July 11, 2019

Thursday 11th July 2019 –Broome


I had to get up early today and get my shit together as I had another doctor’s appointment in Broome. After breakfast, I organised to get dropped off at the beach by Dave and picked up by Dewa.


The popular Gantheaume Point beach



Its so nice to have good friends in this place as you would be buggered on your own.
The doc was very happy with the deep wound on my thumb, but still wanted to scrape out all the dead meat. I felt like holding his ball sack and saying “lets not hurt each other doc”, but I had to just grin and bear it.

He was a very nice doc, and he gave me some more antibiotics just in case it flared up again in the middle of the Kimberly and then he wished me a safe voyage.

Out of the blue I got a call from my mate Andrew who just happened to be in Broome and wanted to catch up for a frothy or two.




I killed a bit of time having lunch and a coffee and looking in all the shops until Andrew could get away from work, and then we went up to the Roie for a few frothies and bugger me dead, they had skimpies in the sportsman’s bar. (but don’t tell Putu)









After a few frothies, I got Andrew to drop me off at Gantheaume Point and I called up Dave to pick me up in his dinghie. Dave invited me back to Fonster for dinner and drinks and late in the dark evening I went searching for Sirocco and a soft warm bed for the night.



Track Sirocco’s progress


2 comments:

  1. Broome still looks the same as how I remember it. We were there in 2006. We had a coffee in that small cafe next to that lane-way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Broome has improved so much since the 90's and it's a pretty nice town now.

    ReplyDelete