Monday, July 8, 2019

Monday 8th July 2019 –Broome


Michael and Liz on Cosmic Drift departed the anchorage very early this morning headed for the Kimberly.

Today I had to go into town to see the doctor again. Peta was nice enough to drop me off at the beach and good old Dewa was waiting for me to drive me into town and lend me his car for the day.


Mangroves in Roebuck Bay

The results of the tests were not in yet, but the doctor was happy with the improvement of my wounds. Once again took to them with his scalpel and cut away all the dead skin which was excruciatingly painful.

After the doctor, I had some lunch then drove out to cable beach to take a look around. Broome has really expanded in the past fifteen years and I am impressed with the changes that have been made.



Cable beech with the Gantheaume Point anchorage in the background

I purchased some wine and then Dewa dropped me off back at Gantheaume Point where I took Peta’s small dingy back out to Sirocco. Latter on I towed Peta’s and Andrews dingies back to the beach for them and for dinner I was invited onto Selkie to join Peta, Clare and James, who had just arrived back from a trip away to work.

We had a pleasant evening together and late in the dark I set sail towards my little flashing homing beacon that I switched on earlier attached to Sirocco.


Track Sirocco’s progress


4 comments:

  1. Did you feel the earthquake?
    It was a 6.5 on the Richter scale and the epicenter was near Broome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, we were sailing that day and didn't feel a thing

      Delete
  2. Again great read Knackers. Hope that sore thumb is not getting in your way as they seem to do. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both hands were the same and I was really struggling to sail, but they healed up fast once I got some antibiotics

      Delete