Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Tuesday 4th June 2019 – Carnarvon


After a nice sleep in I had to walk all the way back to the front of the yacht club to retrieve the car and I had a relaxing morning where I did a factory reset on my chart plotter that has been playing up the past couple of days which appears to have fixed the problem and I worked all morning to get my blog up to date.


Sirocco in the Carnarvon Yacht Club Marina

I also spent a couple of hours analysing the weather models to try and decide on a weather window to make passage to our next destination Coral Bay.


Carnarvon Yacht Club

In the late afternoon I went for a run in the tender to check out the Fascine and then I dragged a popper all the way up and down the Fascine and never got a touch.


Boardwalk


Boardwalk

The Fascine is a beautiful water way with cannel water front homes on the eastern end, a beautiful boardwalk close to the town centre on the southern side and a modern yacht club.



Water front home on the Fascine

The government should be ashamed of them selves to let this magnificent waterway fall into disrepair and I wish the locals all the best in their private endeavor to dredge and reopen the Fascine once again.


Carnarvon Hotel


Yachts on swing moorings in the Fascine


Dredging at the mouth of the Carnarvon Fascine

Track Sirocco’s progress


No comments:

Post a Comment