Monday, June 3, 2019

Monday 3rd June 2019 – Carnarvon


Our Dutch friends we met in Monkey Mia on Lady Caroline arrived in Carnarvon last night and they wanted to catch up for a coffee this morning, so I drove around to the commercial jetty and picked them up at 10am
.
After coffee, we drove out of town buying some fresh fruit and vegetables from the plantations along the Gascoyne River, then we went to see the old Carnarvon one mile jetty where we had lunch.


The old Carnarvon one mile jetty

The fly’s were horrific once again and we went to the supermarket and a quick look at the old OTC satellite station (museum) but we didn’t go in. I dropped the Duchies off at their boat and as it was Janneke’s birthday, she invited me back to their boat latter on for dinner.


The old OTC satellite antenna 

We had a nice night where they showed me photos of the trip all around the world and I showed them some photos and time laps movies of my time in Antarctica. It was a late night and a good time was had by all.


Dredging at the mouth of the Fascine

When I drove back to the yacht club, the gate was locked and like a naughty drunk teenager I had to climb over the high fence all the time expecting to get caught by the cops or security. Nobody saw my stealthy moves as I flopped to the ground below in a commando roll, then I had a long cold dark walk back to the boat. Thank god I didn’t leave the boat keys in the car.

Track Sirocco’s progress


No comments:

Post a Comment