Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Tuesday 20th August 2019 – King George River


It was a very windy night and I got up several times to make sure everything was okay.
After a sleep in, I had to setup the generator to charge our house battery that was slowly discharging and I spent a bit of time catching up on my blog.


Checking the weather, we may be stuck in here until Friday as the high in the bight is moving very slowly, but I can’t think of a better place to be stuck.
Putu spent the morning making mud cake and I saw Bruce out fishing. I emptied two jerry cans of diesel into the main tank, put some fuel into the dinghy, shucked a dozen oysters and replaced the prop on the dinghy with the faster stainless-steel prop.

We had deep fried oysters for lunch and then I went fishing for a couple of hours and only caught a few cod, but I found a nice lure.

I got back from fishing around 17:00 and had shower as Bruce & Luke were coming over for dinner.
Tonight, we again saw some more light fish, but nothing like the display the previous night. The four of us ended up laying on the tramp looking up at the bright stars chatting away until late.



Track Sirocco’s progress



No comments:

Post a Comment