Sunday, August 25, 2019

Sunday 25th August 2019 – Berkeley River (Casuarina Falls)


We all slept in this morning and we awoke to a stunning view of the reflection of the canyon in the still water with the sound of the waterfall flowing in the background.


I was really tired and it took me a while to get going this morning. Bruce went for a long walk alone upstream of the waterfall and after breakfast I went fishing.

The fishing was pretty good, but still no barramundi. I caught a heap of jacks, cod and a flathead, bringing some home for dinner. There was a two-metre-long crocodile lurking just upstream from where we are anchored and I got within two metres of him before he submerged and disappeared.

Bruce came back from fishing with a massive cod and an even bigger smile.

After cleaning the fish, I climbed up under the waterfall and had a beautiful shower, washing my cloths at the same time. I reluctantly returned to Sirocco and had a bite to eat then caught up on my blog.

Bruce came up with the great idea for tonight, to unroll all the shade awnings on Sirocco to stop the bugs getting in, hmmmm, now why didn’t I think of that way back in Shark Bay several months ago?

I had them made for wind and sun protection and never considered using them for keeping the bugs out until now. With the awnings all down and a mozzie coil burning, hardly any bugs got in and we could relax instead of being eaten alive by midgies and mozzies.

For dinner we had a massive cook up of all the fresh fish we had, jacks, cod, flathead and Bruce cooked his big cod with potatoes. It was a really good feed and later Putu cooked some chocolate brownies washed down with beer and whiskey.

We ran out of water this evening and I didn’t want to start the generator as it would have echoed throughout the whole canyon, so that will be a job for tomorrow while we are moving from Casuarina Falls to the Amphitheatre Falls.


Track Sirocco’s progress



No comments:

Post a Comment