Sunday, October 15, 2023

Sunday 15/10/2023 – On passage to Darwin

We motored through the night in very calm conditions until a bit of breeze came up in the morning and we were able to sail again with 7-8 knots directly from behind.







I had fish for lunch, and we saw many banded and olive sea snakes as we gently sailed along at 5- 5 1/2 knots. In the late afternoon I had a nice cool shower on the back step and around 16:15 the wind dropped off completely and the sea glassed out, so I had to start the engine again. We discovered a stole away onboard, a cicada had hitched a ride with us back to Darwin.


It was very hot and humid all day. At 19:00 I checked the fuel level and we still had 120 litres, so I poured in the last 5 litres remaining in the last jerry can as we motored towards Darwin through the night.

Track Sirocco’s progress

No comments:

Post a Comment