Friday, October 6, 2023

Friday 6/10/2023 – King George River – Twin Falls

We got up at 06:30 when the sun came up and Claudia made us both a bacon roll. After my coffee. I got the drone out and flew it off Sirocco. I got some amazing footage and was feeling confident flying it now and I managed to land safely back on the solar panels.











Claudia was making a chocolate cake while I was playing around with the radio, and I noticed Perth was booming through on 10m. I had a chat with a bloke in Perth and then had a long chat to my college from work "Jono", who was at home in Perth. It was good to hear some another voices.


later at 12:30 we said goodbye to the twin falls, and I moved the boat downstream to look at some other parts of this magnificent river. It was very windy all day keeping the heat down and the fly’s away. I cooked the fish I caught yesterday for lunch, and it was delicious.


After lunch I went for a long ride in the dinghy to explore some areas of the river I haven’t been to before. I was devastated when caught a huge barra and after a long battle, the line broke right next to the dinghy.




After dinner, I decided to take a shower outside on the back step. Just as I was about to rinse the conditioner out of my hair the bloody water ran out. I had to use a bottle of ice-cold water from the fridge to rinse off and then go and setup the generator so I could start the water-maker.

After getting the water-maker online, I got some gerry cans out and filled up the main fuel tank and also the dinghy fuel tank. It was 1pm when I finally had both water tanks full (700 litres), pickled the water maker and packed away the generator.

Track Sirocco’s progress

No comments:

Post a Comment