Friday, October 13, 2023

Friday 13/10/2023 – Berkeley River - The Amphitheatre

I had a terrible sleep as it was so hot last night, so I didn’t get up till 09:00, and then we made yummy pancakes for breakfast. It was another very hot day today.

There were lots of thread fin salmon cruising about, cicadas buzzing and pheasant coucal’s whoop whooping in the mornings and late afternoon. After breakfast I started the water maker and filled both water tanks, then I pickled the water maker and put everything away. I refuelled the dinghy fuel tank and put 75 litres of diesel into the main boat fuel tank.

There were no clouds today, so the batteries are getting a good charge from the solar panels. I wanted to go swimming, but Claudia wanted to cook, but in the end I won. We spent about 2 hours at the rock bar cooling off and washing clothes, we had a lot of fun and it was very relaxing. I had a bad fall after slipping over, but luckily nothing was broken.





Claudia cooked one of my mangrove jacks for lunch and it was really delicious. We went fishing after lunch and I caught a large brim, a trevally and Claudia caught a barra couta. I lost another fishing lure, but luckily, I found it again floating nearby. When we got back to the boat, I repaired the dinghy davits, and we had a lovely meal of glass noodles and honey chicken & mushrooms.

Once again, it was so hot we couldn’t get to sleep and at midnight we had to get up and sleep in the cockpit for a couple of hours.

Track Sirocco’s progress

No comments:

Post a Comment