Thursday, April 14, 2022

Thursday 14th April 2022 - Bali to Gili Gede

 We got up at 02:30 and left around 3am to take the car ferry from Padong bay to Lombok with Pak and Arik. This time it was a shitty ferry and I didn’t sleep at all. At one time on the crossing, I was talking to one of the crew members who was trolling a fishing line out the back of the ferry, high up above the water. Shortly after, a small outrigger boat ran over his fishing line snagging it before it pulled tight and ricocheting the sinker back at us at high speed, narrowly missing us all.

 



After the four and a half hour ferry ride, we finally docked at Lembar Harbour on Lombok, and then had to drive for another hour to Tembowong Harbour where we hired a small boat to take us out to Gili Gede where Sirocco was waiting for us at Marina Delray. Every time I come back it blows me away how beautiful this place is, I'm sure going to miss it. 



Finally, we got to the boat with all our bags and stores and then we all went up to the restaurant to have some lunch. Before Pak and Arik departed for the long trip home, they got us 10 coconuts and a few jerry cans of dexlite for the trip.







We couldn’t put anything away until we cleaned the boat to make space for it, so I got Luke busy cleaning his room first, then cleaning the saloon cupboards and throwing out all the old and damaged food while I got stuck into the front food room once again until I nearly passed out from the heat, then I got Luke to take over and do the last bit. After Luke finished cleaning the front room, I went back in and detailed the bow storage area before staggering out dripping with sweat and half dead. 


By now it was getting dark so after showering, we walked up to the restaurant for dinner and later collapsed exhausted into bed.


Track Sirocco’s progress

No comments:

Post a Comment