Monday, January 27, 2020

Monday 27th January 2020 – Gili Gede


Once again, I was up very early in an attempt to beat the heat for a few hours. I found what had caused the short circuit last night, but I couldn’t find a spare fuse that I was sure I had on-board, so I had to bridge out the fuse for now until I bring another one back from Australia next trip.

After performing many tests, the new battery monitor was working great, but I discovered my 2kw inverter was still connected to the wrong side of the shunt and so I had to pull apart the switch board once again and swap the wires over.

I checked the oil and water on both engines and got the boat ready to head off and we spent the rest of the day cleaning the boat and generally getting everything ship shape.

I also organised to get around 160 litres of dexlite (diesel) delivered in large drums that I had to syphon into my main tank.

It was a beautiful sunset as we sat in the marina restaurant taking in the view.








Track Sirocco’s progress




No comments:

Post a Comment