Friday, February 14, 2020

Saturday 15th February 2020 – Gili Gede to Bali

We were up early this morning to make sure we were ready to leave on time. We were heading back to Bali a couple of days early just in case the ferry was cancelled due to not enough passengers (which often happens) and we missed our flights.

I ordered fuel to be delivered so I could top up the fuel tank which I had to syphon out of heavy thirty litre drums. We paid our marina fees and this time I moved the boat about two metres off the jetty to ensure there was no way it was going to make contact during a squall.

Once we had everything squared away, I jumped in to cool off while we waited for Bob.


Looks like a Jack Pompei boat to me?

Bob was right on time and we loaded all our gear, said goodbye to Sirocco and sped off to the Kokomo resort around the north side of Gili Gede.

After unloading all our gear, we waved goodbye to Bob’s deckie and we headed up to the resort to have a quick bite in the outdoor restaurant. The Kokomo resort is a lovely low-key little resort nestled on a nice beach.





The Kokomo resort - Gili Gede

The ferry was right on time and at 12:00 we sped off to our first destination on Nusa Penida. This time I was smart and was wearing my noise cancelling head phones and listened to music the whole way.



Weather conditions were good and the trip was uneventful and two hours later we pulled up at the ferry terminal at Serangan. On the walk back to the terminal I noticed a dinghy that was loaded to the gunnels with fuel drums and probably had enough fuel to get to Darwin.


Putu’s dad and uncle where there waiting to take us back to Klungkung and we said our good byes to Bob and hit the road.

Back in Klungkung Putu spent time with her family and cousins while I chilled out. We had one final awesome massage and tomorrow would be our last day before heading back home.


Ibu 



Track Sirocco’s progress



No comments:

Post a Comment