Saturday, May 18, 2019

Sunday 19th May 2019 – Pelsaert Island Group (Middle Island) to Wallaby Group (Turtle Bay), Abrolhos Islands

My wake-up alarm went off at 07:00 and I was too tired to get up. I figured if we hadn’t dragged anchor by now we weren’t going to, so I slept in for another hour. After breakfast I raised the main sail and we headed out of the shitty rolley anchorage and headed for the Easter Group, 14 nautical miles away.




Long Island where the villains of the Batavia mutiny were hung after their hands were cut off



Beacon Island, where hundreds of men, women and children were saluted by the Batavia mutineers

We cut straight through the Easter group and I decide to keep going on to the Wallaby group and at around 15:00 we hooked up to a mooring in our old favorite place at Turtle Bay at West Wallaby Island and we were followed in by half a dozen friendly dolphins.

I was completely knackered after last nights ordeal and I laid down for a short nanny nap for an hour or so and when I woke, we had a neighbor, a fishing charter boat had pulled up on a nearby mooring.


At 17:00 I put a few calls out for any of the Kimberly Coast Cruising Yacht Club yachts and got no response, then I called my old mate Don in Mandurah and even though his signal was quite weak, we managed to have a chat for half an hour and then I enjoyed a couple of beers as we watched the beautiful sunset while our lamb shanks were roasting in the oven.


Track Sirocco’s progress


No comments:

Post a Comment