Monday, September 2, 2019

Monday 2nd September 2019 – Darwin


Today I slept in while Putu was keen to get off the boat and take a look around Darwin. We had an early morning visit from our friends Michael and Liz from Cosmoc Drift who we haven’t seen since Broome. They were leaving for Lombok in Indonesia in the next day or two and had been very busy getting organised.

After they left, Putu hitched a ride into the yacht club with Bruce and headed off into town. One of her tasks was to buy me some shorts as after nearly four months at sea, all my shorts had rotted to pieces and I was looking like Fred Flinstone.

I spent the day organising our quarantine stat-dec and our entry through the lock into Bay View Marina tomorrow. After lunch, I dropped the dinghy and set it up ready to go into the yacht Club tonight for dinner and spent the rest of the time cleaning up the boat.

Just as the sun was setting, Bruce and I headed off in our dinghies to the Yacht Club where I met Putu who had new shorts for me to wear.



After a very nice dinner with Luke’s lovely wife joining us, we headed back to Sirocco for the evening.



Track Sirocco’s progress



No comments:

Post a Comment