Thursday, May 5, 2022

Friday 6th May 2022 – Wodong to Tanjung Gedong

We departed the Ankermi Dive Resort at Wodong around 06:30 in oil calm conditions heading to North Hading Bay 41.5nm away (7 hours). 




The passage was rather uneventful except for the last two hours when the wind suddenly came up and in a short time, we had 20kts right on the nose and a 1.5m breaking swell which made for a rather uncomfortable ride. 

We arrived at 13:30 and luckily the bay at Tanjung Gedong offered very good shelter and the anchor held well, even though I was concerned enough to have the anchor alarm on all night. 

As we had plenty of time to kill and as it was raining and blowing a gale, I decided to check the STBD engine and top up the coolant that I noticed was down a touch the other day. Lucky I did (lucky?) as the oil filter had been leaking oil again and the engine bay was covered in oil and the raw water pump belt was also very loose. 

I topped up the coolant, tightened the raw water pump belt, replaced the oil filter, topped up the engine oil and then preceded with the fun job of mopping up all the engine oil mess. By the time I had finished my back was killing me and it was dark and I was very tired. I had a shower in the dark on the back deck and Luke made some spaghetti for dinner and after frustratingly trying to download the weather for over an hour, I gave up and went to bed around 10pm.


  Track Sirocco’s progress


 https://forecast.predictwind.com/tracking/display/Sirocco


No comments:

Post a Comment